Make It in the USA

To: Members of US Congress Created By: Ilya Galak ( R ), Michael Califra ( D ), Alan Galak ( D ),  Lisa Giangrande ( R ), Bill Taitt ( D ) Staten Island, NY “Not only the wealth, but the independence and security of a country, appear to be materially connected with the prosperity of manufacturers. Every…

BILL TAITT: An American Portrait

By Frank Santarpia Idea and Photomontage by Ilya Galak “I may never have managed a corporation, but I managed this tribe of seven children, and when I look around, when I look at our family, everywhere I look I see success” – Bill Taitt When a man is surrounded by poverty, he can become a…

Made in New York by New Yorkers

By Ilya Galak, Michael Califra and Alan Galak Staten Island, NY “Not only the wealth, but the independence and security of a country, appear to be materially connected with the prosperity of manufacturers. Every nation, with a view to those great objects, ought to endeavor to possess within itself all the essentials of national supply.…

Take one step into the Staten Island Community Center…

By Michael Pruglo Take one step into the Staten Island Community Center and Islander’s Kids Learning Day Care Center and you immediately sense something different about this place. There is a mixture of home, community, organization, and belonging all at once. It is difficult to even tell that the entire community was struck by Super…

Death in the Boxing Ring

By Ilya Galak Interview with Sergei Artemiev Boxing is big money.  Boxing is fame.  Boxing is a spectacle. That is why it attracts such overwhelming attention, while touching the interests of so many – bread and circuses.  Perhaps, that is why not everything that happens in professional boxing finds adequate evaluation. In fact, the events…